WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[resolved] Template problem in 2.1.3 (4 posts)

  1. converting2wp
    Member
    Posted 7 years ago #

    I have a page titled "Archive" with page slug of "archives" that's associated with a custom template that displays a list of the archives by month and category.

    This was working fine on 2.1.2, but after the upgrade to 2.1.3, that page displays a list of articles -- as if it were using the default template for the home page, not the custom template.

    I can create a new page with my custom template and it behaves correctly. Other custom templates are behaving correctly. I've tried changing the page slug, the name of the template file, the name of the template, and the name of the page but still get the wrong content on the page. There's no other content on the page and the link to the template file looks correct in the wp_postmeta table.

    I'm doing this in a QA environment, so would like to understand what's going on before upgrading production.

    See screen shots if you'd like to see my confusion. Any pointers would be appreciated.

  2. converting2wp
    Member
    Posted 7 years ago #

    Never mind. I can't reproduce this.

  3. MichaelH
    Member
    Posted 7 years ago #

    Followed your example on a newly installed 2.1.3 blog using the wp-content/default theme and I couldn't duplicate your problem.

    [edit]
    Oops see you came to same conclusion ;)

  4. converting2wp
    Member
    Posted 7 years ago #

    I should have clarified this.

    When I did the upgrade using my hosting services 1-click upgrade, I had the problem with the archive template.

    When I did the upgrade "by hand," deactivating all the plugins before applying the upgrade. All went well.

    Thanks.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic