The problem appeared to have been with the plug-in: w3-total-cache. There evidently was something wrong with the code, so I just eliminated the plug-in.
BUT, I couldn't get to the wp-admin page until I went into the code, which was in a directory on my host's server at GoDaddy.
The instructions esmi gave me didn't work, however... I modified them.
He said "FTP into your site (or use whatever file management application your host provides) and rename the wp-content/plugins/w3-total-cache folder to wp-content/plugins/w3-total-cache-old."
That didn't work. So I went to that file and deleted "w3-total-cache" and that DID work,
I reloaded the WP-admin page that was showing the error message and bingo, there was my own page.
Hope it works for you.