Alright, I have been all over the web and simply cannot find a solution to my - apparently deceptively complicated - website proposal.
Here is what I want:
1) User finds my website
2) User views sample videos (~2min) in the video gallery section of my website -- Probably hosted by Youtube
3) At the end of the sample video, user is given a link to purchase access to the full video. The access would be streaming-only, and the user would have access to the video for a set period of time
I am getting hung up on #3. I thought about creating a MindBites site, hosting my videos there, and linking to MindBites from my site, however, MindBites takes a considerable percentage out of my earnings, and I am already paying for plenty of hosting...
So, I am asking the wordpress community to help me out!
I think I need one of these in order to make this work:
1) A WP plugin that can handle the purchasing of streaming video. (as of yet, I cannot find a suitable plug-in that accomplishes what I want
2) OR I need to have a custom plug-in built that suits my needs. (I am fairly new to WordPress, and therefore I do not know where to go to contract the building of a custom plug-in)
3) OR I could develop my own custom plug-in. (Again, I am fairly new to WordPress, and while I am tech-savvy, I would need some advice on where to learn about developing new plug-ins)
4) OR perhaps WordPress is the wrong software to use for a site of this nature! (If this is the case, I just need someone to tell me that I am using the wrong equipment for the job...)
5) OR all of this is dead wrong and I am way off the mark! In which case I could use someone who is willing to attempt to steer me in the right direction...
Again, I have spent a considerable amount of energy researching this problem, and have been unable to develop a satisfactory plan for implementing my idea.
Any and all help is appreciated!