- I have created a static Page (News) which I am using to display posts from a certain category (works correctly)
- The Page uses a simple Template I created (news.php) with the following php code
<?php while (have_posts()): the_post(); ?> <?php the_content();?> <?php endwhile;?>
- The Page's html includes a php include
<?php include (TEMPLATEPATH . '/news_updates.php'); ?>
- news_update.php is what grabs the posts with this code `<?php
- All of this works fine...my Static News page displays only the posts that fall into cat=20.
- HOWEVER, for some reason, after displaying the posts as specified in the news_updates.php (title, body, time, etc), and closing out the display of that static News Page, below these posts it re-displays only the body from the cat 20 posts.
- By adding comments into both the news_updates.php include and the news.php template, I have determined it the re-display of the cat20 posts' body is generated from the news.php template
Any ideas as to WHY this is displaying and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.
I guess another way to ask this question is, how, via a Template, do I query the content of a static page (which then correctly queries specific posts via a php include), WITHOUT having the Template query any posts whatsoever.