WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

StatComm (StatPress Community) Multisite Edition
[resolved] StatComm crashed my site (8 posts)

  1. AmbroseMugwump
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    After activating the plugin my entire site has become inaccessible. No matter what page i go to i get this message...

    Fatal error: Call to undefined function deactivate_plugins() in /home/ambrosemugwump/randomgoofiness.com/wp-content/plugins/statpress-community-formerly-statcomm/statcomm.php on line 812

    And that includes the admin section so i can't deactivate or delete it.What can i do about this?

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/statpress-community-formerly-statcomm/

  2. WPReady
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hi AmbroseMugwump,
    As first measure, if you have ftp access, rename plugin folder to another name in order to deactivate it.

    I'm regarding this problem since I saw the same situation in other sites.
    Could you tell us which WordPress and plugin version is on your site?
    Thanks!

  3. mdunham
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    We're getting something similar with one of our sites on our multisite network.

    When Statcomm is activated, our blog site will not return pages and we see this in the logs of the site
    PHP Catchable fatal error: Object of class statcommCurrentUser could not be converted to string in /var/www/html/WPNetwork/wp-content/plugins/statpress-community-formerly-statcomm/statcomm.php on line 1110

    This error only occurs on one site and the admin dashboard is still reachable. Because we can reach the backend, we have deactivated normally and the site comes back. We are using current versions of both WordPress and the plugin.

  4. WPReady
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hi mdunham,
    Thanks for your comment.
    the problem seems unrelated with the first one, but I will check this problem also.

  5. AmbroseMugwump
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Thanks for the quick response, but i can't access any of my site files as the ftp service at DreamHost doesn't recognize me as a user and DH, being what it is, has yet to respond to my email. And the only way i could get version numbers is from the site itself so no luck there. I'll just have to wait for DH to respond then rename the folder and see what happens.

  6. WPReady
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    I'm very sorry to hear that. In the meantime I'm digging into the plugin to find a way to avoid this problem, if possible.

  7. AmbroseMugwump
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    After 24 hours offline i finally figured out that even though DreamHost kept telling me it was the ftp user that was the problem, it was actually the password that was wrong. I changed the password, got in, changed the name of the folder and everything is now working fine...

    http://www.randomgoofiness.com/

    Thanks for your help.

    Oh, yeah, my wordpress version is 3.1.1

    and the plugin version was 1.7.62

  8. WPReady
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hello AmbroseMugwump,
    Statcomm would need WP 3.3 and above to be installed. When the plugin detected this version was old enough, he tried to uninstall himself, which
    caused the error. My apologies for that.

    I corrected this problem for the next version to be released this week.

    On to the other problem (mdunham's issue), there is an object it needs to be serialized prior assignation. This has been corrected for the version will be released this week.

    Thanks for your feedback!

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.