WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[resolved] Some sites working others not after migration (11 posts)

  1. dboth
    Member
    Posted 11 months ago #

    I migrated my wordpress sites to another host. I am running CentOS 6.4 Linux on the new site and Fedora 17 on the original site. I have migrated using this sequence before and it has worked fine.

    I copied the contents of the /var/lib/mysql directory to the new host and the httpd.conf file. I created the new password on the new host and logged in. I can see the databases and tables. I have a combination of sites using one database and some sites each using separate databases. The two that use the common database ,"wordpress", are not working. I get a failure to connect to database. The other sites are working fine.

    I went to the wp-admin page for one web site and it showed that the database needed repaired. I pressed the "Repair" button and got a number of errors. I did the Database rebuild commands in the MySQL database. Now I get a blank page when going to the content, but I go to the dashboard when going to wp-admin.

    I have restored from multiple backups and get the same results. The primary unresolved problems seems to be that some database tables had multiple users and that they were closed (crashed) while in use.

    Please can you help!!

    Fortunately, I can redirect the incoming requests back to my original server using DNAT in my firewall and all of my web sites work fine.

  2. I pressed the "Repair" button and got a number of errors.

    What errors? :)

  3. dboth
    Member
    Posted 11 months ago #

    I will have to retry and post them. I thought I had copied them to clipboard, but The page was gone and the clipboard overwritten.

  4. dboth
    Member
    Posted 11 months ago #

    Here are the errors that show up when I press the "Repair" button. After manually repairing the tables, I get a blank screen when trying to access the content and then the dashboard when I go back to wp-admin. I tried this again this morning and these are the errors.

    I stopped mysqld on both hosts, created the tarball of the entire /var/lib/mysql directory, copied the tarball to the new host, untarred the tarball into /var/lib/mysql, started mysqld and tested. Same result as before except that only one of my sites is having a problem instead of two.

    millennium_users: Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE millennium_users" or dump/reload to fix it!
    millennium_usermeta: Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE millennium_usermeta" or dump/reload to fix it!
    millennium_posts: 1 client is using or hasn't closed the table properly
    millennium_links: Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE millennium_links" or dump/reload to fix it!
    millennium_options: Table is marked as crashed
    millennium_postmeta: Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE millennium_postmeta" or dump/reload to fix it!
    millennium_terms: Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE millennium_terms" or dump/reload to fix it!
    millennium_term_taxonomy: Table upgrade required. Please do "REPAIR TABLE millennium_term_taxonomy" or dump/reload to fix it!

    Thanks for helping.

  5. So ... did you try that?

  6. dboth
    Member
    Posted 11 months ago #

    Yes I did. See the post above. It still fails.

  7. How did you do the dump and reload?

    Have you tried doing a repair via PHPMyAdmin?

  8. dboth
    Member
    Posted 11 months ago #

    I did not do a dump/reload. I have not tried to repair using PHPMyAdmin. I did the "repair table" suggested in the error messages. If you think a dump/reload will work better I can try that. Would you suggest I dump from the currently working host and reload to the broken one or dump from the non-working one and reload it then?

    Thanks!

  9. I would do a repair via PHPMyAdmin first of all. It may give you better errors.

  10. dboth
    Member
    Posted 11 months ago #

    I will try that tomorrow. Thanks!

  11. dboth
    Member
    Posted 11 months ago #

    OK, here is what I finally did to fix this.

    I used mysqlcheck on the new web site against the "wordpress" database. This fixed some of the databases, but also showed errors in several others including the wordpress internal datbases. I repaired most of the databases using REPAIR TABLE and ran mysqlcheck again and some of the databases supposedly repaired were still shown as having errors. I then repaired the wordpress internal databases and checked those and they were now OK. I then went back and repaired the rest of the tables.

    At this point the problematic web site was working but with some real strangeness. At first it still showed a blank white page. I recalled having run into something similar previously and so I changed themes. Some themes worked but would not show the content of pages although posts were fine and others worked as expected.

    At this point I rebooted the host and everything now works fine and as expected with my own preferred theme.

    Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Reply

You must log in to post.

About this Topic