I know this is so common, i have read so many yet i am yet to find a reason why.
Last night my site was fine, woke up this morning to continue editing and its so slow, here is what ive doene;
* Reset router and pc (thought it was my ISP)
* Deleted my WHOLE directory and re-installed wordpress.
* De-activated ALL my plug ins (the plug-ins consist of the two already installed ones you get once installing wordpress and the other is a cashe one that i see poeple use and it speeds up the proformance) again - ive disabled ALL these.
* Tried multiple themes, all loads slowly.
* Tried my site on a laptop, the laptop has the same problem.
* Ive emailed my ISP encase its their problem (Host papa) - However ive come to the conclusion the actual DASHBOARD and wordpress services would still run fine the only thing that would be a problem if it was my ISP would be the loading of the site... however its the DASHBOARD & SITE thats got the problem. (any other website loads fine)
* I've used Pingdom to test the speed and here is the results;
Your website is slower than 95% of all tested websites;
41.96 secs to load 158.5kb of data.
PS: site: http://www.jameswoolford.com