I'm having an issue with single views of some posts:
- Single post views of older posts like this one are showing the_content followed by some comments, the_content again, followed by the same comments.
- The first time round that post says "12 comments", the second it says "20 comments". But, in this case it only displays 5 of the 12 total comments that truly exist for that post.
- Newer posts (like this one), in single view, are fine.
- That newer post which displays fine has 71 comments, so it's not a matter of the bug showing after a certain number of comments.
- I confirmed it's not coming from the comments template both by commenting out comments_template(); and by removing my theme's comments.php so it would use the default instead.
- I deactivated plugins that are doing something related to the loop (comment luv, subscribe to comments, WWSGD, and sexy bookmarks) in case it was coming from there
- this bug existed before upgrade to 3.3 so it's not that
I'm running out of ideas! Anyone else have some?