Thanks for your question. I downloaded and installed the Polylang plugin (version 1.0.2) and did some testing (WordPress v3.5.1). I found a number of problems when Polylang was activated:
- The Attachments column in the taxonomy edit screens is blank. It looks like Polylang is calling the column filter one extra time for each language defined, but not copying the result back into the column contents.
- As you reported, gallery output disappears from the posts in non-default languages. NOTE: This happens even for the WordPress
[gallery] shortcode, not just the
- When you edit a post in a non-default language and then click the "Add Media" button, the WordPress Media Manager shows an empty Media Library.
Only the first problem is specific to MLA; the other two are issues with core WordPress functions. I tried deactivating MLA, and the two WordPress problems remained. Deactivating the Polylang plugin made all three problems go away.
You can do your own testing to see if you experience the two WordPress problems when Polylang is active. If you don't have these problems, let me know; maybe I didn't set up Polylang correctly.
My testing so far shows some problems with Polylang, but nothing specific to the Media Library Assistant. If you can reproduce the WordPress-specific problems, I suggest you work with the Polylang author to resolve them.
I am going to mark this issue Resolved for now. If you have any other issues or information, please re-open this topic and give me an update.
Thanks for using the Media Library Assistant.