Hi :-) many thanks guys.....as I'm really pressed for time, I'd be very grateful for your advice....I need to launch my new website ASAP as the old one is down - and that's for my business! I am using the Aurelia theme.
there are quite a few questions, some are possibly very simple (but I'm a newbe :-). I'm able to make changes in html if I know exactly what to do. Ok, here it goes:
1. CMS: Make the home page a static page. I have done that through the settings, however the process has created 2 Home pages now. I can see only one Home page in WordPress, but the actual site has 2. How can I fix that?
• Remove the automatically created footer note: “Inspired-Connections running WordPress using Aurelia.” (Inspired-Connections is my website name).
• INSERT in the footer the copyright note and other relevant info.
3. PAGES: (priority: High - especially the last point)
• Remove repetitive headings from the pages. (the titles are listed in the top bar, but each heading also shows at the top of each page. I want to remove some of them).
• Use different colours for my own headings and subheadings (text) on pages
• Increase the font size of my text subheadings
• The Edit mode of my pages has only few editing icons (options). I saw a screenshot of someone’s edit mode – there are 2 rows of editing functions which I don’t have. (eg paragraph, font size and colour etc). How can I get that?
• Insert a double/triple space in text, or remove one! I don’t seem to have any control of the spacing between the text lines. I need to have some portions of the text clearly separated from each other on the page.
• Delete “Categories” from the sidebar. In WordPress Widgets page, “sidebar” shows only Cloud Tag
• Show my Pages titles in the sidebar (same as in the top bar)
• Add the Tag Cloud to the sidebar (it shows in WordPress but not on my site)
• Populate the Cloud Tag with my own tags (as this is a CMS, there won’t be any posts. My Blog page will have only my own blogs).
• Can I have different sidebars on different pages? I’d like to have a calendar of events (a widget?) on the Events page
5. CONTACT FORM:
• Insert a permanent Contact Form on the Home page which will: (1) email all contact details to me, and (2) once filled in, it will open up for the visitor a hidden page with downloadable information – article, video, ebook etc. I have downloaded Contact Form 7 to my computer, but how do I insert into my Home page and make it do these two things?
6. EMAILS: Hyperlink my email addresses on the Contact page to the actual email that will open the visitor’s email client when clicked
7. STATS & SEO
• Insert Google Analytics html for the whole site/pages
• Insert metadata for SEO (or is the Cloud Tag serving this function?)
8. TITLE: Insert my logo (image) in the title.
Many thanks in advance for your great support!