WordPress version: 3.5.1
WordPress SEO version: 220.127.116.11
(also: Latest version of Genesis Framework)
I did this: Activated WordPress SEO and set settings as best I could. A few days later I realized my titles were coming up screwy in Google -- for example, if you search on "corporette sick" one of the search results it brings up is "How to Ward Off a Cold - Work With Corporette". "How to Ward Off a Cold" is the SEO title of the post -- the "Work with Corporette" is the title of a text widget I have at the bottom of the page. Googling different things, MANY (but not all) come up with "Work with Corporette" appended to the SEO title.
In response, I used the "SEO Transporter" plugin to move my SEO data from Genesis to WordPress SEO. (I recently transitioned from Thesis to Genesis, so I already had this plugin installed.) When that didn't work, I checked the button for "Force rewrite titles" in the plugin dashboard. That was 2 days ago and search results are still showing up wacky.
MOST titles in SEO have "Work with Corporette" after them, but a few have the site URL -- "Corporette.com" after them (such as if you google "corporette perfume").
I expected the plugin to do this: Make my SEO more powerful and to give me what I've had for years, the ability to have a title for my page and another title for SEO results.
Instead it did this: Screwed up my SEO results by appending the random words in a text widget title to most of the search results.
I've ordered a website review anyway but I know you guys are slammed and can't afford to wait on this issue. Thank you in advance!