Thanks for your interest in this plugin and BP reshare and BP checkins :) I also read your comment on the vimeo demo of my beta plugin 'BP Wake up sleepers". So i'll reply to your 2 suggestions on this forum.
1/ Turn BP Wake Up Sleepers into a newsletter plugin. I thought about it when i was building it as it's building html emails with the great help of htmlemail boilerplate.
I think, it can be easy to do, as we just need to change the user queries. But i think it's a little bit early, plugin is still in beta and very few seems really interested in it. Even the person who was at the origin of this plugin doesnt seem to be interested in it anymore !! We'll see in the future for this one ;)
2/ Preselecting avatars based on the gender of the user. I guess the gender of the member is set with an xprofile. To achieve that, the easiest way would be to :
- use the image file name by adding in it something like -guy- / -girl-, for instance
- make sure that the term used is the same with the choices of your xprofile. in this example, choose girl and guy as the values of the xprofile gender
- then filter the array that is build just before displaying the avatar suggestion links to the logged-in user
- in the filter we need to get the xprofile, then loop the avatar lists to only keep the ones for the gender of the loggedin user then returns it
My plugin can only add this filter to hook on. As i'm working on a new version of the plugin to fix some minor issues, i've added it. So you can test this by :
- downloading 1.1-beta2 on github
- make sure the plugin's folder name is bp-avatar-suggestions
- then you can add in the functions.php of your active theme the code i've dropped on my blog http://imathi.eu/2013/01/09/bp-avatar-suggestions-xprofile/
Thanks again for your interest in my plugins ;)