I've just upgraded to WordPress 3.1 and noted that many of the post and page meta boxes (Excerpts, Custom Fields, Send Trackbacks, Author, etc.) do not appear. I believe this to be because they are not set to appear by default in Screen Options. I have tried the solutions to this issue as posted elsewhere (and listed below) but none have resolved this problem for me. I also believe there is a nuanced difference between the issue I'm experiencing (its not universal) and the others I have read about. I would greatly appreciate any assistance you could provide in helping me resolve this problem.
I have read the many posts regarding both setting Screen Options and adding a filter code to my website's theme function.php file. This is what I have done and am experiencing:
Experiencing - missing meta boxes in the Edit Post and Edit Pages screens only. The Screen Options dropdown area does not appear (nor does the Help dropdown) in the Edit Posts and Edit Pages only. Screen Options does work properly for all other pages. Instead of the dropdown appearing when the Screen Options tab is clicked on, it changes the URL of the webpage by adding #screen-options at the end of the existing URL (or #contextual-help when the Help tab is clicked). No other change is noted.
1. I added the filter code to my theme's function.php file at the end of the file. - no change in function
2. I added the filter code to my theme's function.php file at the beginning of the file following the <?php script. - no change in function
3. I added the filter code to my theme's function.php file as a standalone function adding <?php before the code and ?> at the end. - no change in function
4. I deactivated all plugins. - no change in function
5. I deactivated all plugins and switched the theme to the default twenty ten theme. - no change in function
I am currently using WordPress 3.1,
hosted by iPower.com,
MySQL Version 5.0.45,
Perl Version 5.8.8, and
PHP Version 5.2.12
I would greatly appreciate any help you could provide to me to resolve this problem. I hope you have a great evening!
All the Best,