WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

RSS Feed Not Working (9 posts)

  1. jmdaviswa
    Member
    Posted 5 years ago #

    Since upgrading to 2.5 my RSS feeds have not been working. I use the Feedburner Feedsmith plugin to repoint all feed requests to Feedburner. This has been working for over a year prior to upgrading to WordPress 2.5.

    Since upgrading no posts are showing in the feed. The original feed validates OK. The feedburner feed validates OK. But no posts!

    My feed also drives my weekly email newsletter, so I really need to get his working again. I have searched the support forums and tried a few things that I found. All to no avail.

    My site is: http://www.northwestcyclenews.com
    Feed URL: http://www.northwestcyclenews.com/feed

    Thanks in advance for any help.

  2. cosmictap
    Member
    Posted 5 years ago #

    Hi jm,

    I'm having this same issue! Ack! Did you figure it out?

    thanks

  3. cosmictap
    Member
    Posted 5 years ago #

    I'm posting my solution from the other thread, too (moderators, merge if you wish):

    After my 2.5.1 upgrade, my feed also stopped working.

    At Feedburner, my feed was pointing to "mysite.com/wp-atom.php" and it started coming up blank. While testing and trying to solve, I noticed "mysite.com/wp-rss2.php" was blank too. So, as you say above, they've apparently been depreciated in this release (thanks for the heads up, folks!) ;)

    Here is how I solved it:

    1. Deactivate Feedsmith Plugin
    2. Log into Feedburner.
    3. Choose "Edit Feed Details"
    4. Where it says "original feed", put: "http://www.yoursite.com/feed" (DO NOT USE A TRAILING SLASH!*)
    5. Save feed details
    6. Go to the "troubleshootize" tab. Choose "Resync" [Don't know if this is necessary but I did it anyway.]
    7. Go back to your WordPress admin page and turn the Feedsmith plugin back on

    These are the steps I took tonight and it APPEARS all is normal again.

    * - This (trailing slash issue) had me ripping my hair out because (in my case anyway) with a trailing slash in place, it was being redirected to Feedburner's own blank feed - so Feedburner was essentially checking itself for content instead of my actual feed.

  4. quartzcity
    Member
    Posted 5 years ago #

    @ cosmictap

    Those instructions worked great!

  5. jeffgolenski
    Member
    Posted 5 years ago #

    jmdaviswa,

    I checked your feed and it's working now..
    what did you end up doing to get your posts to show up in

    http://www.northwestcyclenews.com/feed

  6. garethooper
    Member
    Posted 5 years ago #

    Also needing to know as I am having the same issue with Posts not populating http://domain.com/feeds or /wp-rss2.php links.

    Thanks,
    Gareth

  7. Mohegan
    Member
    Posted 5 years ago #

    me too can someone assist me.. http://www.desiregoji.com/pizzaequipment/feed/

  8. gofree
    Member
    Posted 5 years ago #

    I have the most serious problem! My site returns:

    Error 500 - Internal server error

    An internal server error has occured!
    Please try again later.

    Please, help!

  9. aldeiamix
    Member
    Posted 5 years ago #

    Worked for me too after many many time, and deactivated the feedburner plugin ;)

    I'm posting my solution from the other thread, too (moderators, merge if you wish):

    After my 2.5.1 upgrade, my feed also stopped working.

    At Feedburner, my feed was pointing to "mysite.com/wp-atom.php" and it started coming up blank. While testing and trying to solve, I noticed "mysite.com/wp-rss2.php" was blank too. So, as you say above, they've apparently been depreciated in this release (thanks for the heads up, folks!) ;)

    Here is how I solved it:

    1. Deactivate Feedsmith Plugin
    2. Log into Feedburner.
    3. Choose "Edit Feed Details"
    4. Where it says "original feed", put: "http://www.yoursite.com/feed" (DO NOT USE A TRAILING SLASH!*)
    5. Save feed details
    6. Go to the "troubleshootize" tab. Choose "Resync" [Don't know if this is necessary but I did it anyway.]
    7. Go back to your WordPress admin page and turn the Feedsmith plugin back on

    These are the steps I took tonight and it APPEARS all is normal again.

    * - This (trailing slash issue) had me ripping my hair out because (in my case anyway) with a trailing slash in place, it was being redirected to Feedburner's own blank feed - so Feedburner was essentially checking itself for content instead of my actual feed.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic