WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Quick Adsense
[resolved] Quick Adsense not playing nice with Autoptimize (6 posts)

  1. route66news
    Member
    Posted 9 months ago #

    I like using Autoptimize to cut down my bandwidth. However, I've noticed since the WordPress update to 3.6.1, ads using Quick Adsense disappear on my website. When I deactivate Autoptimize, the ads reappear.

    Is there a workaround where I can continue to use both plug-ins and everything works?

    http://wordpress.org/plugins/quick-adsense/

  2. futtta
    Member
    Posted 9 months ago #

    I'm the maintainer of Autoptimize, there's a number of things you can do on that side as well (don't know Quick Adsense).

    1. easiest solution; turn on Autoptimize + HTML optimization + CSS optimization. The problem is very likely related to some of Quick Adsense's javascript, not optimizing that should fix any problem.
    2. medium solution (but might not work); turn on all 3 optimizations, but enable "search only in head" and/or "force in head"
    3. most difficult solution; turn on all 3 optimizations, and using trial and error (using e.g. view source and the network tab in your browser's developer tools to see what gets loaded) to try to exclude the correct scripts from being autoptimized.

    hope this helps,
    frank

  3. route66news
    Member
    Posted 9 months ago #

    I've tried No. 1 and No. 2. I don't seem to be getting anywhere with those.

    Through trial and error, it appears to be an HTML issue. When the "optimize HTML code" is unchecked, the ads appear normally. When the button is checked, the ads disappear. I am continuing to optimize Javascripts and CSS.

    At least I have Autoptimize working with two of the three. Partial optimization is better than none at all. My bandwidth numbers reflect this.

    I haven't tried No. 3 yet. I may when I have more time later in the week. But I think this will be OK in the interim. Thanks, Frank.

  4. futtta
    Member
    Posted 9 months ago #

    Ah, if the problem is with HTML-optimization then solution (3) won't help, but disabling the option to remove HTML comments might be the solution. If not, you'll need to (have Quick Adsense) wrap the "offending" HTML between noptimize-tags, as specified in the FAQ.

  5. Moogle Stiltzkin
    Member
    Posted 7 months ago #

    i use autopmize and quick adsense. Adds work fine for me :/

    optimize html, java, css is enabled too, so not sure why you are getting a different result from me.

    I'm using canvas theme by the way.

  6. route66news
    Member
    Posted 7 months ago #

    With the recent updates with Autoptimize, I think the recommended settings are now working. :)

Reply

You must log in to post.

About this Plugin

About this Topic