WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Quick Page/Post Redirect Plugin
[resolved] Quick 301 Redirects not working though WordPress interface. (2 posts)

  1. Mark de Scande BlogLines
    Member
    Posted 12 months ago #

    Hello There

    I love your plugin point :)

    My problem at the moment is that we have a 621 redirects so any new redirect is not added to the Quick 301 Redirects page but if you use the super cool Quick Page Post Redirect Options & Settings page to Export all the links and then just open it in notepad ++ and then just add the new redirects save and import them back to the system then my redirects are in place.

    Some of the fixes i have tried
    1) php.ini

    zlib.output_compression = on
    max_execution_time = 600
    max_input_time = 600
    memory_limit = 512M

    2) wp-config.php

    define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M');
    define('WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M');

    3)functions.php
    <?php ini_set('memory_limit', '256M');

    Please let me know where else i can go dig to get this fixed, so i can use the Quick 301 Redirects again though WordPress

    http://wordpress.org/plugins/quick-pagepost-redirect-plugin/

  2. prophecy2040
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 12 months ago #

    Mark,
    Try checking the setting for max_input_vars in your main php config ini file (if running 5.3.9 or higher), or max_input_nesting_level (if running only up to 5.2.3).

    In the past we have had some issues when testing on different servers when there are a lot of entries in the quick redirects. Since some installs of php set a default number, and the redirects and destinations are form input fields, this can max out. Usually what happens is the other items max out first (like the max_execution_time, the memory or the max_input_time) but since you have increased those, it is probably now an issue of the number of fields being submitted. There is not a whole lot of documentation out there about setting this parameter, but in our tests, setting it to 3000 worked well in almost every case.

    After setting that, you usually need to restart Apache (if you have that option), or you just have to wait until the hosting provider restarts it again for something else, like an update or something. It does not usually take effect until after a restart though, so without it, you may not be able to tell if it worked for some time.

    NOTE::
    I believe (don't quote me on this) these parameters can only be set in the master ini file and not in the root or sub directory php.ini files and definitely not via php ini_set. In some cases, you may need to have your hosting provider change these if you do not have access to the main ini file. They don't always like to change them on a shared hosting plan, though, so be forewarned. In our tests, adding them to the php.ini files had no effect, it was only when we added them to the main ini file did they work.

    Best of luck,
    Don

Reply

You must log in to post.

About this Plugin

About this Topic