"folks, you can't upgrade "just once a year" because you "feel like it," if you want the max protection available at any given time from WordPress. it IS your fault if you don't/can't/won't keep your installs current - whether you do them yourselves or pay someone to do them.
it's just laziness, not to upgrade, compounded by a lack of knowledge. btw, i have about 9 blogs. they all get upgraded when there's a WP upgrade. is it a pita? yeah, kinda. but the whole thing is done in less than an hour - a small price to pay for keeping installs as safe as possible.
@kirkpete - a troll? whooami is the most knowledgeable WP person i've ever met. whooami just wants people to _think_ and learn. has donated hundreds, if not thousands, of hours to the message boards, teaching people, etc."
You are hilarious.
- I don't need "max protection" as I have something called a backup.
- I have several blogs too and I can make changes to all of them at once, with one click, in 1 second.
- There's a good chance I may never upgrade. If I really want a new feature I can code it myself.
- I don't need a "jazz inspired" admin panel.
- Whooami is just a guy who discovered the Internet in 1993. You should get out more.