WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

qTranslate Separate Comments
[resolved] qtranslate seperate commenst & spectacula - error on second language (3 posts)

  1. Bul
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hello,
    I use your plugin and it is really good.
    I am currently working on my first wordpress page and everything looks good. I want to make my page multilanguage, 2 languages in the beginning.
    I use qtranslate for this.
    Now the problem is, when someone wants to post everything works fine for my standard language.
    When the site, post is switched to the second language everytime you want to post a comment there is an error message saying just "error". Nothing happens then. Then I thought... ok maybe it is a problem with 2 languages for the plugin so I installed "qtranslate seperate comments" which adds language ids for each comments that they are seperated for the language... would also be ok, but the same problem happens here. standard language everything is ok and after switching two second language I receive error again.
    Also strange is that sometimes even I receive an error the comment is shown in the administration panel for approval and is set with correct second language...
    I don't know how to fix this and I am not a professional with php etc...
    Please help me... Thank you.. If you need more information just let me know...

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/qtranslate-separate-comments/

  2. Bul
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    I recently found out that the problem seems not to work propably with the qtranslate option "Domain Mode". If I use the other mode which creates these folder like addresses (.../en/...) it works!
    Maybe you can tell me why domain mode (de.site...) has this problem...
    Thank you in advance.

  3. Nikola Nikolov
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hi Bul,

    I actually haven't tested my plugin with the subdomain mode :( Although in theory it should still work in the same way since in the last update I used a much more simple and more bullet-proof way of figuring-out what's the language of the comment.

    Your problem sounds more like a bug of qTranslate not working properly with comments and sub-domain mode, but I'd still try to help you with that.

    Unfortunately I don't have a place to test sub-domain installation, so if you can give me access to your site's FTP/WP account, that would be really helpful. If you decide to do so, please email me at myusername[at]gmail[dot]com - where "myusername" is obviously my username here on the support forums :)

    Greetings,
    Nikola Nikolov

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic