WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Advanced Access Manager
Problem with version 1.8 (4 posts)

  1. mayabi
    Member
    Posted 9 months ago #

    Hi,

    i installed the new version today, but my website is in Hebrew and the charset you used for this version is not unicode, so all the letters are not shown correctly. It used to work before, but with this version the Hebrew is just not working. The charset should be unicode utf 8.
    I can fix it by myself through PhpMyAdmin but i thought you should know...

    Hope this will be fixed :)

    Thank you,
    Maya.

    http://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-access-manager/

  2. mayabi
    Member
    Posted 9 months ago #

    Oh damn i was too fast, i checked again and it's now working well! Weird!!

  3. WP AAM
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 9 months ago #

    Hi mayabi,
    Thanks for this information. The problem is with language file. Most likely it is not UTF-8. I guess there were no standard how to save localization files.
    That is why the change I made will work for some languages and as I see, does not work for you.
    So the only solution I see is to move this trigger to ConfigPress. It'll be something like:
    [aam]
    encoding = 'UTF-8'

    And by Default it'll not convert the text.
    I'll release fix tonight.

    Regards,
    Vasyl

  4. mayabi
    Member
    Posted 9 months ago #

    Thanks a lot Vasyl,

    it seems like the Hebrew is working by default, but when i want to change the settings to a specific user - it's not showing well.

    It's not a big deal, but it worked OK with the older version and that's why i wanted to let you know.

    Thanks again!
    Maya.

Reply

You must log in to post.

About this Plugin

About this Topic