WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

post.php not being parsed properly [I guess] (5 posts)

  1. onebc
    Member
    Posted 8 years ago #

    I actively use a few blogs I've set up, most on WP1.5x and one on 2.0. Recently though, regardless of which blog/admin I'm using, whenever I post a new entry or edit an existing one I get a bizarre Windows generated message asking me which program I'd like to use to open the file 'post.php' and treats it as if it's a file to download. When I check, the post has been added or edited suitably and everything else works fine, including of course every other php page I use in WordPress or otherwise. I'm guessing the page post.php should redirect me somewhere but isn't doing.

    Any ideas what's broken?

  2. shadow
    Member
    Posted 8 years ago #

    @onebc

    I am having the same problems and cannot find any other threads covering this. Have you discovered the cause, or more significantly, the solution?

    Thanks if you have any ideas :)

  3. jchausse
    Member
    Posted 8 years ago #

    Happening here too, all of a sudden. I turned on "akismet" today, but I'm not sure if the problem started before or after that...

    Update: I had the "pingomatic" problem described over here. Problem solved now...

  4. onebc
    Member
    Posted 8 years ago #

    Ah, nice one... i'm guessing pingomatic was the cause for me too as all my blogs appear to have sorted themselves out now. In future though I'll be removing the pingomatic plugin instantly if it happens again.

    Thanks for the tip jchausse - it's good to know something is fixed but far better to know why. :-)

  5. tanglewoodtree
    Member
    Posted 8 years ago #

    I'm having the same problem and removing pingomatic from the ping list didn't help. When I try to post a new entry, WordPress just hangs for like a minute before prompting me to download post.php as others have described. I don't know if this is related, but my Dashboard usually takes 2mins+ to load.

    I'm running 2.0.1, which I upgraded to last night after doing a clean install and DB restore. I was having this problem before on 1.5.2 and had hoped the clean install would fix it. No such luck :( I'm wondering if its a server/host problem as I setup a WordPress blog for my sister on the same hosting account and she experiences a similar problem.

    Thanks!

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags