WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Plugins insert content in header and correct location on older posts (3 posts)

  1. JasonH09
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Hello,

    I'm running the latest version of WordPress and my theme (Hybrid News). At some point, (I'm not sure when it happened) older posts of mine started breaking their template. I use the plugins WP-Insert to show ads above and below content and Yet Another Related Posts Plugin to show related posts below content.

    These plugins work great and I've been using them for years. I first noticed the problem about a month ago when looking at an older post. The ads inserted by WP-Insert and the links generated by YARPP are inserted within the <head></head> block and they are being rendered by the browser before the site title and the rest of the actual page. They are shown in the source code in both locations, so it's not just a CSS issue. They are also being inserted in the correct location.

    This only happens on older posts. Since it is multiple plugins, I don't think it is the fault of the plugin. Since it isn't happening on new posts, I'm not sure it's the fault of the theme.

    Any suggestions of where to look?

  2. This only happens on older posts. Since it is multiple plugins, I don't think it is the fault of the plugin.

    I think you're probably correct, but just from a process of elimination point of view can you try the following?

    - Visit an old post and make sure it's still broken with the template and new one's are not.

    - If you have a WordPress cache plugin, clear the cache.

    - Disable all of your plugins.

    - Clear your browser cache.

    - Revisit the old and new posts.

    I expect that the new posts will still work correctly (naturally) but can you confirm that the old posts are broken or not broken?

  3. JasonH09
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Thanks for the quick reply.

    I swear I did all of that before and the problem was still present. However, I confirmed the problem still existed with a particular post. I disabled all the plugins and the page appeared correctly. I re-enabled WP-Insert and YARPP and they worked correctly, only appearing where they should.

    I then enabled each plugin one by one until I identified the culprit: Simple Facebook Connect.

    With everything except the problematic plugin, including caching, re-enabled the site is working properly. I'll have to work with the developer or find a different plugin for sending my posts to Facebook.

    Thanks for your assistance.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags