WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

WP-Table Reloaded
[resolved] Unknown parameter error (14 posts)

  1. sturtos
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Hello,

    When I view a new table I imported, I am getting the following error:

    "DataTables warning (table id = 'wp-table-reloaded-id-4-no-1'): Requested unknown parameter '3' from the data source for row 11"

    I deleted row 11 and replaced it. I've also checked my css changes just in case. Unfortunately, I can't tell what is causing this error. Any thoughts?

    Thanks!

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-table-reloaded/

  2. TobiasBg
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 2 years ago #

    Hi,

    thanks for your post, and sorry for the trouble that you are experiencing. Unfortunately, it's hard for me to help without seeing the actual table and error. Can you therefore please post the URL to the page with your table where this happens?

    Thanks!
    Tobias

  3. sturtos
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Thanks Tobias, sorry for the delayed response. I'm having trouble with 2 tables:

    http://guidesunvalley.com/bike/rent-bikes/

    http://guidesunvalley.com/ski/rent-skis/

    Thanks!

  4. sturtos
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Tobias, while you are looking at the ski rental page, could you also look at my css (below) and tell me what might be wrong?

    The alternating row colors aren't working but I'm using the same code that works on other tables.

    Thanks!

    [CSS moderated as per the Forum Rules. Please just post a link to your site.]

  5. TobiasBg
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 2 years ago #

    Hi,

    thanks for the links!
    The reason for these error message is the usage of the #colspan# feature together with the features of the DataTables JavaScript library (sorting, search, pagination, ...). Unfortunately, these two things can't be used together.
    For your tables, the best choice is to simply deactivate the DataTables library, as the features are not that necessary anyway. To do that, just go to the "Edit" screens of the tables and uncheck the "Use JavaScript library" checkboxes.

    After this, the alternating row colors should also work again, as they are also influenced by that error from above. Your CSS code looks totally fine.

    Regards,
    Tobias

  6. sturtos
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Thanks Tobias, much appreciated! I made a donation in thanks!

  7. TobiasBg
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 2 years ago #

    Hi,

    no problem, you are very welcome! And thanks for the donation, that's really nice!

    Best wishes,
    Tobias

  8. racquetquest
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    I am getting the same error message and I can't find any "colspan" or "rowspan" in the table. How do I find a hidden "colspan"?

    John

  9. TobiasBg
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hi John,

    can you please post a link to the page with your table? Maybe I can find out what's going on.

    Regards,
    Tobias

  10. racquetquest
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Sure! Thanks for taking a look at this for me.

    http://www.gssalliancetables.com/2011/11/string-characteristics/

    John

  11. TobiasBg
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hi John,

    thanks for the link!

    The reason for this error message is some invalid HTML in your table.
    When you scroll down, you will see a few rows that have dark grey cells in the last column. In each of these rows, there's a problem in the HTML for the link in the second column. In a few places, it's a missing quotation mark " after the URL, and before the closing > of the <a href=...> tag. In some other places, there seems to be a line break after the <a in those tags.
    Can you check that and fix the HTML there? After that, the error message should disappear.

    Regards,
    Tobias

  12. racquetquest
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Tobias, thank you for the reply. I will look into it now.

    John

  13. racquetquest
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Tobias, I was able to correct the situation using your instructions.

    Thank you!

    John

  14. TobiasBg
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hi John,

    very nice! Thanks for the confirmation!

    I just spotted to more of those line breaks, I mentioned.
    In the second column for row 66 ("Tecnifibre XR1 17") and of row 114 ("Groom Sports White 1.15)", there's a line break directly after the <a. You will easily see that when dragging the text field wider. I suggest that you remove those line breaks there.

    Best wishes,
    Tobias

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic