WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

WP Super Cache
Wrong site cached (and served) (4 posts)

  1. jk3us
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    I have multi sites, each on their own domain. Whenever I activate wp super cache and load the page as a non-logged-in user, it only caches one site, so all the sites load that site when visited. I'm not using the domain mapping plugin, I just set the domain on the "Edit site" page which has always worked fine. Can I make wp super cache use the domain that was actually visited to save/load cache files so that each site has its own cache?

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-super-cache/

  2. NikkeLindqvist
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    This happens to me too since a week back. I run WordPress Multisite, and suddenly, last friday (May 25th) the wrong sites where cached, which made a total mess of my RSS feeds.
    If I turn on caching today, all subdomains (like nikkelin.lindqvist.com which is served as nikkelin.se) will be served a cached copy of http://www.lindqvist.com which is the main (i.e. network installation).
    A workaround would be greatly appreciated.

  3. cmkl
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    This happens to me too. If I create a new post on the main site on my multisite install, all other sites on that install will render as the main site's home page, with the correct URL in the address bar etc.

    If I delete all cached pages the sites render normally. I'm using WP 3.3.2 and a domain mapping plugin so that example.com and anothersite.com can both be served by the same multisite install.

  4. Rob Marlbrough
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    I'm having this problem today... the subdomain serves up cached home page of the main domain site to anonymous users - but not to logged in users (making detection more difficult until I realized this, I do have it set to not cache for logged in users). Posts and other pages work ok.

    I tried deactivating WP Super Cache on the subdomain site only, the problem persisted (probably because the main site has the rewrite rules active still). I cleared the cache of the subdomain, and then it works ok again, for a while. An hour or so later, the problem was back. I cleared the cache again, and then turned off caching, then deactivated the plugin, and I hope the problem has gone away.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic