Though the plugin seemed to work correctly and pages did load faster, found a huge problem with this plugin for SEO.
All requests returned a 404 response code. This is a nightmare for SEO as my whole site was taken down from Google's Index. I didn't realize this until I checked my Google Webmasters tool account and saw the errors reported.
Now I'll have to wait for my pages to be indexed again and recover the good positions I had.
Please, fix this problem as this is critical for a good SEO, once you fix it I'll reinstall it again. Meanwhile I highly discourage the use of this plugin if appearing in search engines is important for you.