WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Artiss README Parser
[Plugin: WP README Parser] You forgot a couple header lines (5 posts)

  1. Luke Mlsna
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    You forgot a couple lines in the header comment of the main PHP file.

    If anyone else is having this problem, it's easy enough to fix. At the bottom of the header comment just insert:

    Stable tag: 1.1.1
    Tested up to: 3.1.1

    Other than that it works like a charm, really great plugin thank you. I gave 5 stars.

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-readme-parser/

  2. Luke Mlsna
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Also you forgot to extend the $nofollow and $target options to the tag links at the top.

  3. dartiss
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 2 years ago #

    That information doesn't go in the PHP file - it goes in the README (and, as far as I know, that's present).

    I'll correct the issue with the tag links.

    David.

  4. Luke Mlsna
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Then perhaps it was missing the License: tag in the header. In any case, it told me the header was bad when I tried to activate it and would not let me activate it until I added:

    Stable tag: 1.1.1
    Tested up to: 3.1.1
    License: GPLv2

    to the header comment. WordPress says you need:

    /*
    Plugin Name: Name Of The Plugin
    Plugin URI: http://URI_Of_Page_Describing_Plugin_and_Updates
    Description: A brief description of the Plugin.
    Version: The Plugin's Version Number, e.g.: 1.0
    Author: Name Of The Plugin Author
    Author URI: http://URI_Of_The_Plugin_Author
    License: A "Slug" license name e.g. GPL2
    */

    at a minimum in the PHP file.

  5. dartiss
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 2 years ago #

    Ok, that explains it better. I've come across this behaviour before. It's one of two things - either the copy in the archive is corrupt (I'll update a revised version in a minute to illiminate this). Alternatively, when doing automatic updates it can attempt to active the wrong file.

    On my own test site I hadn't updated the plugin myself, so used the automatic updater. Sure enough I got a failure upon activation. However, it was pointing to the markdown.php file in the sub-folder. This isn't the right plugin file!

    Attempting to activate the updated plugin via the plugin menu though, worked.

    David.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic