WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

WordPress SEO by Yoast
[resolved] Translation: Textdomain (6 posts)

  1. Alexander Gieg
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    I've noticed there are 19 translatable strings in WPSEO lacking the proper "wordpress-seo" textdomain and written simply "__(something)". As such, they end up cataloged into a "default" domain, which on some translating tools means outside the main view. Having them changed into the correct textdomain would thus simplify translating at least a little. If you're interested I can post a list of such strings.

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-seo/

  2. Joost de Valk
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hi Alexander,

    if you took the trouble of counting them, i would very much appreciate a line by line report of which lines lack the i18n code, and I'd be happy to fix it.

  3. Alexander Gieg
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Sure! Here it is, based on the new 1.1.7:

    admin/class-config.php
    line 492: Author Archives
    line 691: Internal Links
    
    admin/linkdex/linkdex.php
    line 505: very easy
    line 508: easy
    line 511: fairly easy
    line 514: OK
    line 517: fairly difficult
    line 521: difficult
    line 525: very difficult
    
    frontend/class-breadcrumbs.php
    line 119: Home
    line 276: Archives for
    line 290: Archives for
    line 297: You searched for
    line 307: Error 404: Page not found
    
    frontend/class-frontend.php
    line 146: Search for \"
    line 204: Archives
    line 206: Archives
    line 216: Page not found
    
    frontend/class-opengraph.php
    line 113: Search for \"
    line 135: Archives
    line 137: Archives
    line 142: Page not found
    
    inc/wpseo-non-ajax-functions.php
    line 126: AdWords External
    line 127: Google Insights
    line 128: SEO Book

    EDIT: Removed two incorrect entries.

  4. Alexander Gieg
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    And a last change I just noticed: the note in inc/wpseo-functions.php, line 250, should be changed from:

    // Note for translators: this should be an array of stopwords for your language, separated by comma's.

    To:

    /* translators: this should be an array of stopwords for your language, separated by comma's. */

    Otherwise a tool such as Codestyling Localization doesn't see it.

  5. Joost de Valk
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    Perfect Alexander!! All set up for 1.1.8 :D

  6. Alexander Gieg
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Nice! Thanks!

    Next step: translating it to pt_BR once I have some free time. :)

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic