WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

WordPress SEO by Yoast
[resolved] Sitemap style information error (7 posts)

  1. Scott Wyden Kivowitz
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    WordPress version: 3.4.1
    WordPress SEO version: 1.2.5

    I did this: The post1 of my sitemap is showing an error

    The URL is http://scottwyden.com/post-sitemap1.xml

    I expected the plugin to do this: Provide the first page of posts

    Instead it did this: This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-seo/

    [ Please do not bump, it's not permitted here. ]

  2. Scott Wyden Kivowitz
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    I wiped my table for the plugin and re-installed and it is working now. marking as resolved.

  3. Scott Wyden Kivowitz
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Turns out it is not resolved. It's actually a conflict with W3 Total Cache. When W3 is enabled, I get that error, but when W3 is disabled the sitemap works perfect.

  4. Scott Wyden Kivowitz
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    To further troubleshoot, I reset the W3 Total Cache settings completely to default. Not even deployed and it still happens. The only way to make the sitemap work is to deactivate W3

  5. Scott Wyden Kivowitz
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    One more update on the status - I reset the settings again. With CDN disabled the sitemap works, once I enable it, I get the "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below." error

  6. Scott Wyden Kivowitz
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    This problem has gotten stranger. I am now getting this error, with W3 disabled:

    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 642602 bytes) in /wp-content/plugins/wordpress-seo/inc/class-sitemaps.php on line 414

  7. Scott Wyden Kivowitz
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Sorry, but another update

    Ok, so I added define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M'); to my wp-config and that fixed the problem. Odd that this happened without any other changes.

    Now that the sitemap is working again, the W3 problem still exists.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic

Tags