WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

WordPress SEO by Yoast
Post Sitemap showing Blank (4 posts)

  1. Syed Balkhi
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    WordPress version: 3.4
    WordPress SEO version: 1.2.2

    I went to my post sitemap: http://www.wpbeginner.com/post-sitemap.xml

    I expected the plugin to show the sitemap.

    Instead it returned a blank page.

    Note: Other sitemaps are working such as Books:

    http://www.wpbeginner.com/books-sitemap.xml

    Please help fix this.

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-seo/

  2. smellcoffee
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    I was just having the same problem.
    Safari was showing a blank page but I could see the xml content in the source view.

    I loaded the site map link into Firefox and it came up with parsing error caused from an "&" I used in one of the images title tag. I used "&" instead of "and" in the description.

    I edit the offending img title tag that caused the XML error, updated the page and then reloaded the xml file.

    I had 5 pages where I used an "&" in place of "and". I edited each and then reloaded the page (since the site map is regenerated each time).

    Once I edited those files, taking out the "&" in the images title tags, the XML file is now showing up again in the browser.

  3. smellcoffee
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    I just checked your site map and it looks like its the same issue.
    I can see the code in source view and if I load in Firefox I get the following error.

    XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
    Location: http://www.wpbeginner.com/post-sitemap.xml
    Line Number 98, Column 24:<image:caption>Ben & Jerrys</image:caption>
    --------------------------------------------^

    It looks like the "&" in Ben & Jerrys is your culprit.... (the arrow in Firefox is pointing to the space after the "&")

    Worked for me, might work for you, good luck!

  4. Syed Balkhi
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Thanks for the help. Yes that seemed to fix it. Yoast told me over twitter that this is some sort of encoding issue. He will fix it in the next release.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic