WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

WordPress SEO by Yoast
Optimization seems not to be working since SEO upgrade (2 posts)

  1. hoover99
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    WordPress version: 3.4.2
    WordPress SEO version: 1.2.8.4

    I did this: Upgraded to v1.2.8.4

    I expected the plugin to do this: Keep on "working"

    Instead it did this: My new blog entries doesn't appear almost anywhere in Google since the update.
    All my major entries made before the update appear on the first, worse case on the second or third pages of Google... as they should and hoped to be.

    Same way optimized major entries made after the upgrade doesn't even appear when I choose Google to show the hits from my country.
    It's just like the optimization does not work.

    All entries are optimized the same way, SEO check gives green light... everything seems to be fine, but the entries made in the last 9 days doesn't appear in Google.
    For example in case of a newer entry I have a hit on the 9th page of Google for the WordPress tag in the entry, but not the entry itself.

    The site is http://www.digitcamblog.com

    Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks.

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-seo/

  2. member-wp
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Upon completing an article and going through the SEO guide, Yoast tells me that the words in the title, content, ie., in every area Yoast provides, do not match. However, I have the words in every section. Words appear to match, but Yoast indicates they do not.

    Also, on the snippet area, the information stayed the same when I made changes elsewhere.

    Articles that were once "green" are no longer.
    On a different article, had the green light as indicated below. However, overall SEO light was caution. Yoast described the problems, but they seemed to conflict with the green light info, such as advising me that there were not matches, where the green light indicated matches. Thank you for your guidance.

    Your focus keyword was found in:
    Article Heading: Yes (2)
    Page title: Yes (2)
    Page URL: Yes (2)
    Content: Yes (3)
    Meta description: Yes (2)

    (You may ignore my question under the Introduction thread)Thought this was a more appropriate place, as I am experiencing after the upgrade.

    Thank you for your help.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.