WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

WordPress SEO by Yoast
How can I add separators in Post/Page Titles (5 posts)

  1. ubikuos
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    WordPress version: 3.3.1
    WordPress SEO version: 1.2.5

    I did this: I installed WP SEO and migrated titles from AIOSEO. I didn't check force rewrite. At settings > Titles > Post types > changed it to %%title%% | %%sitename%%

    I expected the plugin to do this: The pages, posts etc showing Name of page or Name of post | Name of site.

    Instead it did this: But this is what I get, no separation bw title and sitename: http://cl.ly/331n0f2K012D0e0A0b2T

    What did go wrong? What am i doing wrong? what am I not getting about posts, pages and archives titles?

    Thanks a lot

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-seo/

  2. Will Franco aka Flywheel
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    I am have the same issue. Nothing seems to get the separator to appear.

  3. srbt1
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    I'm having the same issue on my site. %%sep%% doesn't work either. Help!

  4. srbt1
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Update: clicking "force rewrite titles" has partially worked for me, in that the post title is displaying fully, though my website title has now disappeared from each post (I set up the "post types" part of the "titles and metas" section of yoast as follows: %%title%% %%sep%% %%sitename%% ). I've also had a look on the WordPress SEO Tutorial (here: http://yoast.com/articles/wordpress-seo/#titles ) but couldn't find much info re this problem.

    So trying "force rewrite" may help your problems to some extent, but some help from an expert would be much appreciated - thanks!

    Simon

  5. srbt1
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    OK, final update from me, I think.

    WordPress version: 3.4.1
    WordPress SEO version: 1.2.5

    I did this: kept the "post types" part of the "titles and metas" section of WordPress SEO as follows - %%title%% %%sep%% %%sitename%%

    I expected the plugin to do this: When I enter a special SEO title, this will be followed by a separator and then my site's name.

    Instead it did this: Displayed only what I typed in, with no separator and no site name. I've tried forcing title rewrites and turning off force rewrite; it seems to make no difference.

    I accept I might just be being exceptionally stupid here and that this is actually the way it is supposed to work... I also have this sneaking suspicion my titles problem and ubikuos' (and Will Franco's) are in fact not the same - if so, please accept a noob's apologies.

    Simon

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic

Tags