I started with the most current version of this plugin and had a similar problem as the people with the 403 Forbidden code issues, but I think I set it up incorrectly from the get go.
I was able to install the plugin then, I believe, I did not set the https address up correctly. As soon as I saved, it bumped me out of admin and then I could not get back to admin because of error codes - I think 404. I tried to remove the S but it obviously kept pushing back to ssl.
I deleted the plugin from the folder and then tried to reinstall it. As soon as it installs, it immediately pulls me out of the admin section and it gives me the 404 code. I do not even get to change anything in settings now when I reinstall. There has to be something that sticks somewhere after its deleted, probably because I do not properly deactivate it.
The most current version also makes my css break.
As soon as I delete the plugin from the plugins folder, css goes back to normal, and I can then get back into the wp-admin section.
I then deleted the current version and added 1.9.2., which does not bump me out and I can attend to the admin section again. It did not work for me. I tried to follow other topics regarding 1.9.2 and disabled permalinks, something I really didn't want to do but got further than I have in the past. As of right now, I get a 403 with an additional 404 message.
I have SSL correctly set up in my account (not shared).
Once I post this, I plan on disabling v-1.9.2 but I would really like to get the most current version currently configured and working. I REALLY would like to get it working.
Thank you for your time and thank you for continuing to help to the people that are looking for advice on your plugin.