WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[resolved] [Plugin: W3 Total Cache] “Error: Unable to create distribution for origin ” (4 posts)

  1. Parneix
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    I’m trying to setup an origin pull CDN. I previsouly had a “push” system in place with CloudFront but it stopped working after I needed to re-install WordPress (restore from a backup).

    I understand “origin pull” is better. But when I try to create a distribution (after entering Amazon’s credentials) all I get is this:

    Error: Unable to create distribution for origin my_domain.com (S3::createDistribution('my_domain.com', 'custom', 1, '', ''): [RequestExpired] Request has expired. Timestamp date is Sun, 22 Apr 2012 20:57:27 GMT.)

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    P.

  2. Parneix
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Also here are the result of my compatibility check:

    Server Modules & Resources:
    
    Plugin Version: 0.9.2.4
    PHP Version: 5.2.17 (PHP5 required for Minify, Rackspace CloudFiles, Microsoft Azure support)
    Web Server: Apache
    FTP functions: Installed (required for Self-hosted (FTP) CDN support)
    Multibyte String support: Installed (required for Rackspace Cloud Files support)
    cURL extension: Installed (required for Amazon S3, Amazon CloudFront, Rackspace CloudFiles support)
    zlib extension: Installed (required for compression support)
    Opcode cache: Not installed
    Memcache extension: Not installed
    HTML Tidy extension: Not installed (required for HTML Tidy minifier suppport)
    Mime type detection: Not installed (required for CDN support)
    Hash function: Installed (hash) (required for NetDNA purge support)
    Safe mode: Off
    Open basedir: Off
    zlib output compression: Off
    set_time_limit: Available
    mod_deflate: Not detected (required for Page Cache (enhanced mode) and Browser Cache)
    mod_env: Not detected (required for Page Cache (enhanced mode) and Browser Cache)
    mod_expires: Not detected (required for Page Cache (enhanced mode) and Browser Cache)
    mod_headers: Not detected (required for Page Cache (enhanced mode) and Browser Cache)
    mod_mime: Not detected (required for Page Cache (enhanced mode) and Browser Cache)
    mod_rewrite: Not detected (required for Page Cache (enhanced mode) and Browser Cache)
    mod_setenvif: Not detected (required for Page Cache (enhanced mode) and Browser Cache)
    WordPress Resources
    
    /home/user/myblog.com/.htaccess: OK
    /home/user/myblog.com/wp-content: OK
    /home/user/myblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04: OK
    Fancy permalinks: /%postname%/
    WP_CACHE define: Defined (true)
    URL rewrite: Enabled
    Network mode: No
  3. Parneix
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Also if it can help:

    1) A couple of days ago I had to re-install my WordPress installation. Everything seems to be working normally except my CDN.

    2) I tried to switch to “Origin Pull” because by settings for “Origin Push” (which were previously working) were not working anymore. Somehow, I think the two problems are related. Here’s the error message I get when I try to test my CDN in “Origin Push” mode:
    Error: Unable to list buckets (S3::listBuckets(): [RequestTimeTooSkewed] The difference between the request time and the current time is too large.).

    P.

  4. Parneix
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    [SOLVED]

    Well, it’s most likely all solved, I just didn’t test the “Origin Pull” configuration.

    But my “Origin Push” setup is working just fine again. What was the problem? After a bit of research, a lot a results pointed toward the same direction: a bad time setting on the servers where my blog is running. Using SSH commands, I checked the servers time and it was of by about 15 minutes. At first, I didn’t thought much of it: it looked like a small discrepancy. I nonetheless send an email to my host provider asking him to check the time of my (shared) server.

    I got an answer back confirming the 15 minutes delay. I was also told it was fixed. And sure enough, when I tested my CDN “Origin Push” configuration, it works (meaning that in the “CDN” tab, it passed the test).

    That’s it. I’m pretty sure the problem experienced with me trying to setup an “Origin Pull” was linked to the same problem.

    P.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic