Decided to post here, because it has been almost 48 hours and I have not heard back from VideoPress tech support regarding the video player on my client's site not working.
I am working with my client to get videos working on their blog, which is a privately hosted WP blog working with a WP.com account set up with the VideoPress upgrade.
Right now, the videos embed, but won't play on click- you can see this in a blog post we have set up: http://gettingyourmessage.com/2011/07/go-ahead-you-can-touch-some-digital-signage-displays/
- In Firefox, the error reports as "JQuery.type is not a function. videopress.js?=ver1.07 line 10."
- We are running WordPress 3.0 and the latest version of VideoPress. We can not upgrade our WP install because the in house server is running PHP4.x. (At least I don't think. If someone's positive one of the minor versions won't hose our install, I'd be happy to upgrade to it.)
- I have turned off all other plugins, and VideoPress still doesn't function. (They are currently back on.)
- I have checked our theme to make sure that we are not calling in JQuery anywhere else, and we aren't.
- I have checked permissions on the VP files, and all looks okay.
- I have uninstalled and reinstalled VideoPress manually to make sure there wasn't a corrupt file, no joy.
I can't think of what else to try other than going back to older versions of the VideoPress plugin, as I'm thinking it may be a compatibility issue with 3.0 for lack of a better idea.
Googling the error seems to suggest it might be a corruption in a packed JS file, or something else beyond my control.
Does anyone have any thoughts I haven't had yet? My client's already tried three or four solutions, and wasn't happy with the performance of any of them, and I would really like to make this one stick.
Thanks for your time!