Here's the 1.8.1+Daedalon patched version of the plugin.
Sutherland: Could you incorporate this into or release this as 1.8.2?
- When changing a post status from Private to Published, a thumbnail search is done
- If thumbnail URL redirects to a different address, the redirection is followed. Supporting some sites require this.
- Support added for Funnie.biz images.
- Code markup was corrected where applicable, mostly with indentation. Some comments were also added.
I will add support for other sites based on clients' needs. Funnie doesn't yet have an embed feature, but if one is added, I will submit a patch for the plugin to support that format as well.
What could be improved next:
- When updating a post that didn't previously have a featured image, the plugin says "We didn't find a video thumbnail for this post" without even looking for a thumbnail. It should look for a thumbnail instead or say anything. Would this be taken care of with an action on
published_to_publishedor one listed on Action Reference such as save_post?