Hi WordPress users:
We are posting to tell you about what we think is the best WordPress plugin ever: Trailmeme for WordPress, created by our research team at Xerox. It allows you to easily blaze "trails" through your self-hosted WordPress blog, and print-enable them. Your readers can follow trails through a navigation widget in the sidebar, and an auto-generated flash-based "Trail Map."
You can also optionally index your trails on trailmeme.com (here's a Read-Write Web post about the technology), though that feature is only available to select beta users at the moment. Using the plugin you can:
- Drive traffic and increase session length and pages/visit
- Turn your blog instantly into a one-click eBook publishing factory
- Get detailed analytics on trail usage
Check out the following plugin-enabled blogs
- Our own blog (Trail Index) (Example Trail Map) (Example widget-enabled post)
- Ribbonfarm.com (Trail Index) (Example Trail Map) (Example widget-enabled post)
You can get the plugin in the usual way by searching for trails or trailmeme in your admin panel, or by downloading and installing manually from wordpress.org/extend.
Please email me if you have any questions at email@example.com and I'll be glad to personally help you get set up.
Jesse Silverstein (lead developer for Trailmeme for WordPress plugin), on behalf of the Trailmeme Team.