WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

The Events Calendar
Get Page Not Found for Previous, Next and Listing (9 posts)

  1. ldekay
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    When Calendar view is the default I get the current month's calendar just fine, but when I try the Next, Previous or Events List links I get a Page Not Found. When Events view is the default I get an Events listing but the Calendar link goes to Page Not Found.

    I've tried disabling and re-enabling the plugin without any improvement. I've considered uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin but it looks like I'll wipe out all the data I've entered so far (is that true?).

    Any suggestions will be appreciated. The plugin works fine on another site (http://gorge25.com/category/events) but this (http://columbiagorgeartsandculture.com/category/events) is the one I really need it for.

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/the-events-calendar/

  2. dobleclic
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    me too, :(

  3. judahstevenson
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    I'm experiencing the same issue. I've found a few threads where people have suggested editing the datepicker.php file to solve the problem of the month dropdown not working but this doesn't have any effect on the next/previous month links or the List View button.

    I think I'm just going to wipe it out and start over. Deleting the plugin will not delete the posts that you have created and categorized as events.

  4. judahstevenson
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    Ok I just deleted the plugin and started over and everything is working now. I suspect that the problem was related to changes I had made to all of my post pages, including making custom templates. Can't point to one thing in particular but the plugin was working correctly when I installed and styled it. Somewhere along the way I broke it but now it's working again. I'm running 3.0 and plugin version 1.6.5.

    On this new install of the plugin I also decided to create my custom view templates into their own folder within my theme (wp-content -> themes -> events) as the developer recommends so that they won't get overwritten everytime I upgrade the plugin or reinstall.

  5. codebloo
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    Try setting "Use Pretty URLs" to off

    (Settings > The Events Calendar)

  6. JJMatley
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    I had all these same problems, the month dropdown, the List and Calendar link, the 404 error.

    I do use a custom permalink structure.
    When I switched back to the default WP permalinks, things improved.
    But, I want the custom permalinks, so I turned it back on and did codebloo's suggestion.

    In The Event Calendar's settings, turning Use Pretty URLs off helped.

    All links work accept for the month dropdown.

    Looking at the URL produced in the address bar after clicking on a dropdown month, and comparing it to the URL for that same month when you click on a next/previous month link, they are different. I don't think they should be different. I'm going to try editing that dropdown to match those URLs up. I'll post results.

  7. JJMatley
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    Got it! First try, easy.

    The file to edit:
    WP install folder> wp-content > plugins > the-events-calendar > views > datepicker.php

    Open with web editing software and change line 8 from:
    $link .= '&eventDisplay=month&eventDate=';
    to
    $link .= '?eventDisplay=month&eventDate=';

    Notice the & in front of eventDisplay. Change it to a ?.

    Save the file and you're good to go!

  8. Meditation Man
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    Super fix!!

    codebloo is right, turn off the pretty permalinks....
    ...then use JJMatley's fix in datepicker.php.

    Don't know why it works, all I care is my Calendar works now!!

    Great job!

  9. maxgoldberg
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    Super fix!!

    codebloo is right, turn off the pretty permalinks....
    ...then use JJMatley's fix in datepicker.php.

    I agree, it worked! The lag time of me making these changes and them actually showing up on the site was about 10 minutes -- hopefully this works for everybody and they don't pull too many hairs out :)

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic