I've spent this week rewriting much of the data structure and just sent it off to my partner for general QA. You can download the beta here: http://dl.brain.st/u/20624698/styles-0.5.0-beta.zip
The rewrite alone might solve the problem. So first thing, if you download and install that version of the plugin, does the issue still occur?
If yes, can you answer these questions?
- If you log in, open
Appearance > Styles and your home page in two windows, does the appearance of your site change as you change settings? (Like in the demo video)
- When you click the save button, does the spinner just keep spinning, or does it say it saved?
- If spinning: Is there anything in your browser's error console? In Firefox, this is under
Tools > Web Developer > Web Console. In Chrome, it's
- If saved: What is the contents of the file it saved to? It should go to
wp-content/uploads/styles/cache.css in 0.5.0-beta, but the message says the exact path. If it's a multi-site sub-blog, it'd be cache-$blogid.css
- If the file isn't in uploads, check
wp-content/blogs.dir/$blogid/files/styles. Does it appear there?
- If the save message says it couldn't write to the file and instead wrote to the database, do you see the CSS being output in your home page source using View Source? You can find it quickly by searching for
- What output do you get if you go to http://YOURSITE.com/?scaffold and http://YOURSITE.com/?scaffold&preview ? Replace YOURSITE.com with your actual URL.