WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[Plugin: Simple Tags] Autolink not working (12 posts)

  1. dbasulto
    Member
    Posted 4 years ago #

    Autolink stopped working after upgrading Simple Tags to the latest version :(

    Any ideas on how can I debug the cause?

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/simple-tags/

  2. sammyb
    Member
    Posted 4 years ago #

    I'm having the same problem - anyone found a solution to this yet?

  3. sammyb
    Member
    Posted 4 years ago #

    I found the fix!!!!

    in simple-tags/inc/client.php

    look for this code:

    function autoLinkTags( $content = '' ) {
    		// Get currents tags if no exists
    		if ( $this->link_tags == 'null' ) {
    			$this->prepareAutoLinkTags();
    		}

    and add in the following line of code right after:

    $link_tags = $this->link_tags;
  4. b4it
    Member
    Posted 4 years ago #

    Same problem here after update to 1.7.4.4.

  5. dbasulto
    Member
    Posted 4 years ago #

    @sammyb,

    thanks for the fix, it works great!

    I hope the author sees this thread.

  6. ucallrt
    Member
    Posted 4 years ago #

    Ohmigosh. Thanks so much for that fix!

  7. HAMMADHASSAN
    Member
    Posted 4 years ago #

    Thanks for sharing nice information.

  8. seahawknationblog
    Member
    Posted 4 years ago #

    SammyB you rock, plugin Author is a joke trying to get a hold of!

  9. superkev
    Member
    Posted 4 years ago #

    Awesome! Thanks for the fix.

  10. teenstarz
    Member
    Posted 4 years ago #

    Thanks For THe fix

  11. gaplauche
    Member
    Posted 4 years ago #

    Autolinking is working now, but it links every instance of a tag in a post. Is there a way to limit the autolinking to the first instance? Or can this feature be added to Simple Tags?

  12. galbaras
    Member
    Posted 4 years ago #

    I don't think this fix works at all, nor does it make sense, because $link_tags isn't being used anywhere else in the function.

    I get a different result every time I refresh a post page. The maximum number of links seems to be affected by changing the setting, but after refreshing the page, I get different links and there are often more of them than I've configured. Also, valid links are not created.

    This has been going on since about 2 versions ago and I'm now on 1.8 (WP 3.0).

    I've found the author on Twitter and sent him a message. I think for a great free plugin, we really shouldn't be complaining about him too much.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic