WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Simple Login Log
Uneffective translations (4 posts)

  1. Commeuneimage
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    After having generated a sll-fr_FR.mo file, many labels stays in English:

    • Description of plugin in plugins page
    • Name of fields in screen option settings
    • Name of fields in table
    • maybe other places...

    Month names in selector should also be translated to local format.

    You can contact me (jeromeinparis at gmail) to get my French po/mo files.

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/simple-login-log/

  2. Max Chirkov
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    I looked through my code and found only 1 instance that I didn't localized. I had an array with labels that I thought would serve as a "vocabulary" for translation purposes, but for some reason it didn't work. I have made a few changes, regenerated the POT file as well as added my own Russian translation. See if you can download the development version and check if everything works correctly for you (including your French translation). You will need to update your .mo/.po files from my new POT file though. If everything works, email me (max@phoenixhomes.com) your translation and I will include it into the next release.

    Thank you!

  3. Commeuneimage
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hi Max,
    Thank you for you answer.

    To my point of view, the problem is not that the strings are not localized, but that the text domain is not loaded at run time (you certainly can notice this with your russian translation as well).
    I think you should have a look at this section of Codex.
    I'm going to download your dev version, update my translation and do some further tests and I'll send you my files.

  4. Max Chirkov
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    I'm not sure I'm following... textdomain is loaded on hook init. I see that I needed to use load_plugin_textdomain() instead of load_textdomain(), but my Russian translation still works as is.

    I have made changes on my local machine:

    on line #61 I changed hook init to plugins_loaded and on line #87 I rewrote function load_locale() with the following:

    function load_locale()
        {
                load_plugin_textdomain( 'sll', false, basename(dirname(__FILE__)) . '/languages/' );
        }

    works the same as my current development version.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic