WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[Plugin: qTranslate] Taxonomy Problem (4 posts)

  1. The Coup
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Hey,

    I've problem with qTranslate + Taxonomies. If anyone had same problem and solved, or you just know how to solve it, I hope you will help.

    The problem is such:
    I've installed qTranslate and it works perfectly but when it comes to taxonomy it doesn't. Problems are:

    No language chooser for categories.
    Always chooses the Default language when I open the entry.

    I mean, qTranslate itself adds language chooser blanks (or whatever it's called) when you add categories, but it didn't for taxonomy cats.

    And, when I go to Products, for example with Russian language chosen already, it opens Russian version, but when I enter Products' post it opens with Default language. Thou if you change language inside the post it will change.

    What I am supposed to do?

  2. The Coup
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Nothing yet?

  3. redywebs
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    I had the same problem with a plugin that was using taxonomies.
    Try this function, it worked for me:

    function qtranslate_edit_taxonomies(){
       $args=array(
          'public' => true ,
          '_builtin' => false
       );
       $output = 'object'; // or objects
       $operator = 'and'; // 'and' or 'or'
    
       $taxonomies = get_taxonomies($args,$output,$operator);
    
       if  ($taxonomies) {
         foreach ($taxonomies  as $taxonomy ) {
             add_action( $taxonomy->name.'_add_form', 'qtrans_modifyTermFormFor');
             add_action( $taxonomy->name.'_edit_form', 'qtrans_modifyTermFormFor');
         }
       }
    }
    add_action('admin_init', 'qtranslate_edit_taxonomies');

    Hope it helps

  4. Cyrille_g
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Hy,

    I had the same issue, furthermore, I detected some issue when the taxonomy name had ' in it.

    It is due to some bug in qtranslate (which doesn't support taxonomy).

    I found a workaround but it implies to go into the qtranslate code...

    In the file : qtranslate_wphacks.php :
    inside the function : qtrans_insertTermInput2

    look for :

    if(isset($q_config['term_name'][$term][$language])) {
    $html .="
    	i.value = '".addslashes(htmlspecialchars_decode($q_config['term_name'][$term][$language], ENT_QUOTES))."';
    	";
    } else {

    and replace it with :

    if(isset($q_config['term_name'][htmlspecialchars_decode($term,ENT_QUOTES)][$language])) {
    $html .="
    	i.value = \"".addslashes(htmlspecialchars_decode($q_config['term_name'][htmlspecialchars_decode($term,ENT_QUOTES)][$language], ENT_QUOTES))."\";
    	";
    } else {

    I'm not sure this is the best way to do it so feel free to answer this post.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic