WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Polylang
[resolved] New version shifted my text direction on rtl language (7 posts)

  1. Caparico
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hi,

    I really like this plugin so far. It's the first time I've used it, so I'm figuring it out slowly..
    Anyways, I managed to make it do almost everything I wanted (except for showing the translation of the static front page I have correctly), and then I noticed an update was released - 0.9.2 .
    I upgraded, and it wasn't nice...
    My site is using Hebrew (a right to left written language) as a default language, and English as a second one. Before the update it was presenting each language in it's correct direction automatically, but post update they are both aligned to the left (Like English).
    I've tried dabbling with the plugins configuration to no avail.

    For the meanwhile I think I'll downgrade back to 0.9.1, where it works fine, until it gets a fix, hopefully.

    Many thank yous,
    C.

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/polylang/

  2. Chouby
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    It is most probably linked to another bug report for 0.9.2: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-polylang-update-to-092-wrong-date-format
    Could you tell me if the current development version corrects this ?
    http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/polylang.zip

  3. Caparico
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Oh, I forgot about the date thing... I also came across that one, but forgot to mention it here, so... he wasn't lying ;)

    About you dev version's fix, I'm afraid I don't have enough time to test it right now, as I need to present the site to a client, and I need to have it aligned correctly for now...

    I will look into it tomorrow though, and let you know, of course.

    Cheer

  4. Caparico
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    So I've installed the dev version - 0.9.2.3, and it indeed fixed the alignment issue. Thank you!

    I was wondering if you had a solution for another issue I was having:
    My static front page is set as home.php, and is obviously detected as the front page because of this naming convention in WordPress. I can't seem to be able to make the Polylang plugin detect the English version I've made for this page. All the other pages (like contact, services, etc.) have their English equivalents because they have been built from within the WordPress pages creation system. I have hand-coded this page in my text editor, and want to set it as a the page that will appear as the default English version. Is there a way to do this?

    Cheer

  5. Caparico
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Oh, I almost forgot, your fix also makes the date appear correctly on blog posts, but I think I spotted a different bug...

    The blog posts are not pulling in the_title of the every post.

    It did pull them before, so I suspect it has to do with the plugin.

  6. Chouby
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    The blog posts are not pulling in the_title of the every post.

    Sorry I do no understand what you mean

  7. Caparico
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Never mind, it was a CSS conflict.
    Resolved.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic