So glad to hear from you!
I do not know the exact # where the form started to work again because i was deleting the questions, page at a time, from the database. It was approximately 200.
The problem is on the page with the [pdb_record] shortcode.
I actually did not use the manage database fields page to add all of the questions. My computer took to long just to load that page. I did enter the first 20 or so questions on the manage database fields page.I entered the rest of the questions straight into the database by writing a code that would generate a "upload statement" and then i uploaded the question in bulk that way.
I did test to see if there was problem with one of the questions or entries in wp_participants_database_fields table. I tested this by deleting the entries page at a time until the form started to work. Then I added all of the questions back into the data base. Then deleted all of the questions that were in the last page that I had deleted at the point when the form had started to work again. And the form did not work. So this I figured was sufficient testing to know that I had not made a mistake in the way I had inputed the questions. (Hope that made sense).
So back to the page with the [pdb_record] shortcode. I have the questions divided up into 7 categories.
So here is what happens: When the form gets submitted i get told that "Your survey has been updated". and the updated information is visible on the page, but not in the database (wp_participants_database). So when i navigate away from that page and come back the information that I updated is not there and never got put into the database.
Hope that all made sense! Thank you for your help!