WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

P3 (Plugin Performance Profiler)
[resolved] Runtime by Plugin shows only P3 Plugin itself (16 posts)

  1. gabberkopf
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    If i start the scan, i only see the p3 plugin itself in the result page. I have lots of plugins installed but it seems they can't be recognized. I already tried with several scans but result is always the same.

    Attempt to circumvent browser cache

    Attempt to disable opcode optimizers (recommended)

    are enabled and I also tried with debug mode.
    Any idea?

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/p3-profiler/

  2. Kurt Payne
    Member
    Plugin Contributor

    Posted 2 years ago #

    Under the "Help" page, what are the results for "Is my site using an opcode optimizer?"

    Do you have "Attempt to disable opcode optimizers" enabled?

  3. gabberkopf
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Thank you for your reply.

    Under Help i get the following message:

    Your site is using eaccelerator with optimization enabled. This has been known to cause problems with P3. To temporarily disable the optimizer you can add eaccelerator.optimizer = 0 to your site's .user.ini file.

    And I have Attemp to disable opcode optimizers enabled.

    I tried to find the user.ini file but I might have no access to it cause of limitations of my host provider.

  4. Kurt Payne
    Member
    Plugin Contributor

    Posted 2 years ago #

    If the file doesn't exist, you should be able to create a file named ".user.ini" with the recommended contents, and upload it to your site. When you're done, you can just delete it.

  5. gabberkopf
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    I created a user.ini with the entry eaccelerator.optimizer = 0 and uploaded it to the web folder. Then i started scan again but same result as before.

  6. Kurt Payne
    Member
    Plugin Contributor

    Posted 2 years ago #

    Try renaming the file to ".user.ini" (make sure it starts with a dot).

    If you're curious, you can read more about these files here:
    http://php.net/manual/en/configuration.file.per-user.php

  7. gabberkopf
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    I renamed the file to .user.ini but still same problem.

  8. Kurt Payne
    Member
    Plugin Contributor

    Posted 2 years ago #

    I would recommend you contact your host about this. They should be able to help you temporarily disable eaccelerator's optimizer.

  9. agreda
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    temporarily disable eaccelerator's optimizer.

    I'm experiencing the same issue even after disabling eaccelerator. No caching is implemented on the site.

    P3 recognizes numerous active plugins but only shows results for the profiler itself after various automatic and manual scans.

    :-\

  10. Kurt Payne
    Member
    Plugin Contributor

    Posted 2 years ago #

    Hi agreda,

    On the help page, does P3 detect any opcode optimizers active on the site?

  11. agreda
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Yes, we run eaccelerator but I disabled it as directed and only the P3 plugin gets profiled. I've tried deactivating other plugins one at a time to identify a conflict with no success.

    Thanks for checking in.

  12. Kurt Payne
    Member
    Plugin Contributor

    Posted 2 years ago #

    Hi agreda,

    Did you check your phpinfo page to make sure that the new eaccelerator.optimizer setting took effect?

  13. agreda
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Thanks for asking Kurt, phpinfo reports:

    eAccelerator
    Optimizer Enabled	false
  14. Kurt Payne
    Member
    Plugin Contributor

    Posted 2 years ago #

    I'm not sure what further advice to give you at this point. It sounds like you've done everything correctly.

    If you turn off eaccelerator completely and it starts working, please let me know so we can incorporate this feedback. In our testing, only the optimizer in eaccelerator caused problems, but other opcode caches (like APC) impacted results and they had no optimization routines according to the documentation.

  15. MrBrian
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    I had the same problem. You need to completely remove the eaccelerator extension from loading for it to work.

    Removing eaccelerator.so from my php.ini did the trick.

  16. Kurt Payne
    Member
    Plugin Contributor

    Posted 1 year ago #

    Please make sure to re-enable eaccelerator afterwards :-)

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic