WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

OptionTree
[resolved] Weird problems of adding list item (6 posts)

  1. paul.c
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hi Derek,

    I've implemented this awesome plugin to my premium WP theme and some customers experienced the weird issues. It happened when they're going to add a new item for their slider. Note that I used "list item" type for managing the slider items for the theme.

    Here are some cases that I've got so far:

    Case 1# They already have 4 slider items and would like to add one more but once they uploaded the image of new item and click "Send to OptionTree", there's no image URL appeared in the upload box but that new image URL replaced the one of previous item instead. As a result, they couldn't have more than 4 items in their slider.

    Case 2# Starting like case#1 but rather than the URL replacement, the image URL appeared to the upload box as an attachment URL (ending with "attachment_id=XX" some kind like that.) so the image won't show up.

    Case 3# Nothing happened when they clicked "Send to OptionTree".

    Do you have any idea of these cases? Is there any way to debug and find out what can cause those problems?

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/option-tree/

  2. guarana63
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    I am having the same issue. The homepage slider now only allows one image. If I try to upload any additional images, no image displays and the slider stops working.

  3. Derek Herman
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    Delete all the slides for that setting and save, then add them back. I've seen some of these issues happen due to a corrupt array.

    Case #2 is because you've not selected the correct URL in the upload screen. You need to select the "File URL" option and not "Attachment Post URL" for the correct URL to be sent back to OptionTree.

  4. paul.c
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Thanks for your suggestion Derek. Anyway, on the problem of corrupt array that you have mentioned:

    Delete all the slides for that setting and save, then add them back. I've seen some of these issues happen due to a corrupt array.

    I'm using OptionTree 2.0.9 and I made some custom changes into it so, if possible, could you please point me to the right direction of which file and location to fix the above issue?

    Thank you.

  5. htvu
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    @paul.c if you made custom changes (like me) on OT you must update manually. The way I did are:
    - Check changes log
    - Fix bugs
    - Decide which new features important/need for project and copy its code.

    If you could make custom changes it mean you write/read code good enough so it is not hard to compare code from github commit history with your code. Be careful copy code from bottom to top.

    By this way I did manual update from 2.0.9 to 2.0.12 easily, just about an hour.

  6. paul.c
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    @htvu - Wow, I just forgot to look at github commit history. That would really help. Thanks for your advice!

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic