WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[Plugin: OpenID] Itermittent redirect failure (6 posts)

  1. Dougal Campbell
    Member
    Posted 5 years ago #

    I've gotten a couple of reports from commenters on my blog saying that when they try to use their OpenID, they get a "white screen of death".

    I tried it myself, and here's what I observed:

    Submitted a comment using my OpenID (http://dougal.myopenid.com/)
    Got a 'blank' page (from my server)
    View source reveals that it started to render a page, but stopped somewhere in the <head> section.
    Hit my back button
    Didn't change anything, but just hit submit button again
    Properly redirected to the myOpenID server.

    Weird, huh?

    I'm getting a fatal error in my logs from the Contact Form II plugin when it happens, for some reason, so it may be related to that, somehow. I'll dig in some more and see what I can find.

  2. Will Norris
    Member
    Posted 5 years ago #

    yes, it is related to the Contact Form II plugin. I believe that plugin is hooking into the 'admin_head' action where they should be using 'admin_menu'. I've dealt with that one before.

  3. Dougal Campbell
    Member
    Posted 5 years ago #

    Okay, I've just manually patched my copy of CFII to use 'admin_menu'. I think a lot of people get bitten by that (I know I have, before).

  4. CodeCritic
    Member
    Posted 5 years ago #

    @dougal,

    I am having a similar issue too... can you be more specific on what you have patched wrt admin_menu?

    I am using contact form 7 though.. (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/contact-form-7/)

  5. Will Norris
    Member
    Posted 5 years ago #

    CodeCritic: assuming that your running the latest version of that plugin, it seems to be fine... doesn't have this problem. That's not to say that you may not have another plugin that is causing the same problem.

  6. CodeCritic
    Member
    Posted 5 years ago #

    Yes, I am running the latest version. I have upgraded open id plugin to v3.2.2 and still no successful solution for my issue!

    Looks like i may have to debug more by de-activating one plugin at a time :(

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic