WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[resolved] [Plugin: Network Plugin Auditor] UnMuify (9 posts)

  1. kwiliarty
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    We find that we have to modify the plugin to run on one of our multi-site installations. Specifically we have to replace $wpdb->prefix with $wpdb->base_prefix as explained at:

    https://codex.wordpress.org/UnMuify_the_plugin_shared_tables

    I wonder if this change can be folded into the code.

  2. Gabriel Reguly
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Hi kwiliarty,

    I wonder why you had to modify the plugin. It works just fine for my multi-site.

    Regards,
    Gabriel

  3. kwiliarty
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Hi Gabriel,

    We have some installations where it works. The one that does not work has a null prefix. That causes problems with a number of plugins, but the fix is usually the same. It's probably a small number, but there may be others with the same problem.

    Best,
    Kevin

  4. Gabriel Reguly
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Hi Kevin,

    Sorry, but

    The one that does not work has a null prefix.

    Are you sure that is a good practice?

    Anyway, since it can be done surely the plugin should handle it.

    Tomorrow I'll post some code here and let's see if Kathy uses it as a patch.

    Regards,
    Gabriel

  5. Katherine Semel-Munson
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Hi Kevin,

    Can you provide some more details on the issue you're having? As far as I can tell in my tests it works with either $wpdb->prefix or $wpdb->base_prefix on my multisite install.

    I'm not clear on what specific configuration requires this.

    - Kathy

  6. kwiliarty
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Hi Gabriel,

    We would not use a null prefix again, and maybe we should find a way to move away from it on the site in question. It has given us a lot of trouble with plugins that work fine on most installs. The issue is almost always $wpdb->prefix versus $wpdb->base_prefix.

    We can continue to patch on our own, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask, and it might be of help to a few others in the same situation who might not even know why it doesn't work. We like the plugin.

    Cheers,
    Kevin

  7. Gabriel Reguly
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Hi Kevin,

    I have tried to make a fresh install with a null prefix and it silently added the 'wp_' prefix to the tables.

    So I manually changed the table names, but still the plugin worked ok.

    Perhaps you have a different issue?

    Regards,
    Gabriel

  8. Gabriel Reguly
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Hi Kathy,

    Kevin told that he had an issue with a install where the table prefix was null, e.g., instead of 'wp_options', his table name was just 'options'.

    I tried to reproduce it in order to suggest a fix, but it just worked for me.

    So I suspect the issue could be something else, but I have no clue.

    Regards,
    Gabriel

  9. kwiliarty
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Well, thank you for looking at it, Gabriel. It's helpful to know the results of your test. We thought we understood the problem, but it must be yet something else on our end. We know that changing $wpbd->prefix to $wpdb->base_prefix solves our problem, but if you can't recreate it, it's probably due to some even more idiosyncratic aspect of our set-up. We'll have to figure that out.

    Best,
    Kevin

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic