I made a fresh "just for testing" install of WP 3.0.3. With no other plugins added or activated, I added the "My Brand Plugin" version 1.6.3. Immediately the plugin was not allowed to activate, because the plugin file 'mybrand.php' is not syntactically correct. On line 246 of that file you'll see something like this:
But what it needs to be is this:
I don't know how it became release-ready with a simple problem like that. Since it is easy for users to fix that problem themselves, it would not be a big deal except that once fixed - the plugin still does not work (even though it subsequently becomes activated). The settings page for the plugin is stark-blank. Nothing there. Thus it is unusable, at least on my windows 7 x64 box where I am testing with it.