WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Multisite Language Switcher
[resolved] Translation not appearing in primary blog (7 posts)

  1. MatthieuMarketing
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Hi,

    I'm using the php function to call Multisite language switcher within my wordpress multisite' header.

    It's not working on the primary blog (FR) but works perfectly on the second (UK).

    Why it is not showing on the FR version ?

    I look forward to hearing from you all !

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/multisite-language-switcher/

  2. realloc
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 2 years ago #

    We can just guess without further informations. How about the configuration in the FR-blog?

  3. drbillylin
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    First of all, thanks realloc for creating this great plugin and answering our questions so consistently.

    I have the same problem. I was using multisite language switcher for and English version and a Chinese version of my blog without a problem before, but now I can only see two languages from the Chinese site. From the English site there is no trace of the Chinese site even existing.

    In settings, from the English dashboard I can see:

    Multisite Language Switcher Options
    Doctor to Be / English

    while from the Chinese dashboard I can see:

    Multisite Language Switcher Options
    Doctor to Be / English | 醫學生筆記 / 中文

    Also very strangely, from my Chinese site I can see the widget link and the posts also have links to the English version, while they are absent from the English site.

    I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin. I have tried switching to different themes including the official TwnetyTwelve and TwentyEleven themes. Neither seemed to work.

    Any thoughts?

  4. drbillylin
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    I should add a link to my site: http://www.drbillylin.com

  5. realloc
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    Do you added a new user? There is a known issue in the current version which could explain why the plugin is not working as expected.

  6. drbillylin
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Interesting! I did add a new user to my English site, and after removing it, the problem is fixed.

    Now I'm curious: is the issue with adding a user after the first-ever installation of this plugin? Because removing the plugin and redownload + reinstalling after the extra user is added does not fix the problem.

    Since all the language switch data persists after removing the plugin, I guess it's possible the problem persists as well.

    Anyway, thanks for your help!

  7. realloc
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    This is an odd bug which will be resolved in the next version. When you add a user which have less privileges but will be the first one in the list of the admins then you'll have this problem at the moment.

    https://github.com/lloc/Multisite-Language-Switcher/issues/35

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic