WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[Plugin: Login LockDown] Version 2.6 Support (6 posts)

  1. Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 5 years ago #

    Is this version supported under 2.6?

  2. Anonymous
    Unregistered
    Posted 5 years ago #

    probably best to contact the author and ask him/her directly - michael@endlesspoetry.com

  3. mvandemar
    Member
    Posted 5 years ago #

    It does indeed work under 2.6 and 2.6.1, I just have not updated the readme yet.

    Peace.

  4. ljmac
    Member
    Posted 5 years ago #

    I have noticed that Login Lockdown never seems to block anybody under my WordPress installation (2.6). I have just discovered why in my error logs:

    [26-Sep-2008 22:35:07] WordPress database error Table 'wp_lockdowns' doesn't exist for query SELECT user_id FROM wp_lockdowns WHERE release_date > now() AND lockdown_IP LIKE '202.45.104%' made by islockeddown
    [26-Sep-2008 22:35:39] WordPress database error Table 'wp_lockdowns' doesn't exist for query SELECT lockdown_ID, floor((UNIX_TIMESTAMP(release_date)-UNIX_TIMESTAMP(now()))/60) AS minutes_left, lockdown_IP FROM wp_lockdowns WHERE release_date > now() made by listlockeddown

    Note that it is trying to block my IP, even though I have not made any failed login attempts. Also, Login Lockdown's mysql table was not created when I installed it (I tried uninstalling the plugin and reinstalling it, but the error is still there).

  5. ljmac
    Member
    Posted 5 years ago #

    Actually, I believe I just found the solution to my problem here:

    http://wordpress.org/support/topic/181972?replies=9

    I just tried removing the hyphen from my login lockdown directory, and the database tables have been created! You really should fix your distribution so it creates a "loginlockdown" directory (not "login-lockdown" as it is now).

  6. geeteegee
    Member
    Posted 4 years ago #

    After finding several similar problems with other WordPress plugins failing to create database tables and/or reporting redeclare errors trying to activate, lots of speculation and "have you tried this...", but no diagnosis and solution, I offer the following suggestions for Login Lockdown 1.3 on WordPress 2.7, but possibly of interest for other versions and other plugins as well.

    I found LoginLockdown was adding its option values to the wp_options table, but not creating its own tables. Apparently the add_action() for 'admin_menu' and 'login_form' were working, but add_action() for $activatestr was not.

    Since WordPress now deprecates the inclusion of wp-admin/upgrade-functions.php from wp-admin in favor of wp-admin/includes/upgrade.php, I changed both of the require_once() calls:

    82c81
    < 		require_once(ABSPATH . 'wp-admin/upgrade-functions.php');
    ---
    > 		require_once(ABSPATH . 'wp-admin/includes/upgrade.php');
    99c98
    < 		require_once(ABSPATH . 'wp-admin/upgrade-functions.php');
    ---
    > 		require_once(ABSPATH . 'wp-admin/includes/upgrade.php');

    My Debian multi-blog system includes ABSPATH at the front of PLUGINDIR, so the str_replace to create $activatestr was not working as intended. WP now recommends using register_activation_hook() instead of add_action($activatestr,...), so I replaced the PLUGINDIR dance with a register_activation call:

    270,274c272
    < 	if(!defined('PLUGINDIR')){
    < 		define('PLUGINDIR', 'wp-content/plugins');
    < 	}
    < 	$activatestr = str_replace(ABSPATH.PLUGINDIR."/", "activate_", __FILE__);
    < 	add_action($activatestr, 'loginLockdown_install');
    ---
    > 	register_activation_hook(__FILE__, 'loginLockdown_install');

    Now the activate call-back was working, but reported a Fatal Error attempting to redeclare loginLockdown_install(). One post suggested that the redeclare fatal error might really be a red herring, masking another error or warning that caused the problem. Another post suggested a workaround (not a fix) of surrounding the definition of the loginLockdown_install() function with:

    if ( !function_exists('loginLockdown_install') ) :
    <function definition here>
    endif;

    which just kicks the can down the road to the next function definition, so you have to move the

    endif;

    down to the end of defining ll_credit_link(), just before the //Actions and Filters comment. That revealed an error calling get_loginlockdownOptions() at the top of the file, before get_loginlockdownOptions() was defined the first time,

    66,67d65
    < $loginlockdown_db_version = "1.0";
    < $loginlockdownOptions = get_loginlockdownOptions();
    68a67
    > if (!function_exists('loginLockdown_install')) :

    so I moved the two executable statements below the function definitions and endif:

    265a273,276
    > endif;
    >
    > $loginlockdown_db_version = "1.0";
    > $loginlockdownOptions = get_loginlockdownOptions();

    That finally seems to have fixed the activation. Don't worry if your diff line numbers vary from mine, because I also added and deleted some debugging scaffolding and some optimization tweaks to speed things up in my local setup.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic