I stopped using this plugin a while back, while it was struggling with issues between Akismet. Those issues seem to be worked out, but now it has a couple more issues.
I'm using WordPress 3.4.1 with IntenseDebate 2.9.5
I'm providing links to three images showing the problems on the screen:
The first two images show the http://bamajr.com/2012/07/02/ethical-seo/ web page (blog post), as it is displayed, when logged in as the administrator.
The third image is the IntenseDebate comments area, within the WordPress Admin area.
Also, I tested all these issues in three web browsers:
- Firefox 14.0.1 - UA - Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
- Google Chrome 20.0.1132.57 - UA - Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/536.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/20.0.1132.57 Safari/536.11
- Safari 5.1.7 - UA - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_4) AppleWebKit/534.57.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1.7 Safari/534.57.2
All three browsers had similar issues, though the issues may have looked a little different. The images above were taken in Firefox 14.0.1, using the Screengrab Addon.
- I'm signed into my WordPress powered website (as you can see by the presence of the admin bar at the top of the images), yet IntenseDebate doesn't recognize that I'm logged in. IntenseDebate still wants me to comment as guest or sign in. Why can't I post as a logged in user of my own WordPress Blog? I have quite a few people who have accounts on my website, why shouldn't they be able to post with the account they have, on my website?
- The Login buttons for IntenseDebate, WordPress.com and Twitter, display correctly, but the Login buttons for Facebook and OpenID are messed up.
- The IntenseDebate RSS Dropdown menu (found in the upper right-hand corner of the comment area), opens behind the facebook button, but on top of the OpenID button.
- The final issue deals with the third image. The IntenseDebate Comments area, within the WordPress Admin area, doesn't fill the screen, vertically.
I hope I've provided enough information to resolve these issues. I've always liked the idea behind this plugin, but never seem to find this plugin in a working state.